You are searching about Indoor Activities At Home For Active 4 Year Old Boy, today we will share with you article about Indoor Activities At Home For Active 4 Year Old Boy was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic Indoor Activities At Home For Active 4 Year Old Boy is useful to you.
Tips, Strategies and Educational Resources for Parents During Social Distancing
Approximately 56.6 million students attended elementary and secondary school in the United States in 2019. With the current global COVID-19 pandemic, school districts across the country have made the difficult decision to close schools and transition to online classes due to public health and safety concerns. Parents and guardians are responsible for a more active role in facilitating their child’s educational learning. Below are some educational tips, strategies and resources for parents.
1. Ensure that the student participates in all required online activities, including class time and any additional participation in online chat.
2. Talk to teachers about your child’s ongoing academic progress, including homework completion, projects and test results.
3. Parents are encouraged to supplement their child’s learning with additional academic enrichment activities including educational websites, science projects at home or fun learning games.
4. Parents should make sure to create a learning environment at home to help their child focus, including a quiet place away from distractions, routine homework and study time, and study materials including computer/laptop, textbooks, etc.
5. For students receiving exceptional student education (ESE) services, who are under an IEP or 504 plan, should follow up with a school counselor or school psychologist to determine if there are any needed updates or appointments pending before the end of the school year.
6. If your child has undergone a psychoeducational evaluation to determine special education services, please contact school staff for a status report and to see if the school psychologist may be conducting testing over the summer.
7. If your child was unable to begin the evaluation before school closed, discuss with school staff whether it is possible for your child to complete a private psychoeducational evaluation if you are very concerned about a potential delay in starting classes. next school year. Please note that a private psychoeducational assessment may be at your own expense and the school does not have to accept the results or recommendations. Additionally, if submitted to school, it becomes part of your child’s education record. Consider all of the above before spending hundreds of dollars for a private appraisal.
8. If you want to do a private psychoeducational evaluation, consider the more affordable alternative of having the evaluation done at a nearby university that has a university clinic with graduate students who can complete testing under the supervision of a licensed clinical psychologist or certified school psychologist.
9. Students completing their senior year and planning to attend college in the fall should contact their chosen college/university to determine if classes will begin on time as noted above.
10. High school seniors who have already been accepted to college for 2020-2021 should monitor their financial aid status, including any awarded grants, scholarships, or GI Bill payments.
Abcmouse – a subscription-based digital educational program for children ages 2-8.
BrainPOP – Animated educational sites for children
Discovery Education – standards-based digital curriculum for K-12 classrooms around the world
Funbrain – online educational games for children
Khan Academy- offers exercises, videos and a personalized learning dashboard for self-study
PhET Simulations – provides free fun interactive math and science simulations
Scholastic – offers books, literacy resources and educational solutions for children
Scistarter – connects people with citizen science projects, scientists and resources
Starfall – Educational reading, phonics, and math games and activities for preschoolers through 2nd grade
Tutor.com/military- The program provides on-demand 24/7 online academic support in more than 100 subjects from kindergarten through college. Now free for any adult or child in a DoD military family, civilian or active duty, National Guard, Reserve or Wounded Warrior.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AND SCHOLARSHIPS:
Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – studentaid.gov
FastWeb – Online college scholarship search provider
“20 Tips for Applying for College Scholarships,” Felecia D. Sheffield, PhD, EzineArticles.com
“Minimizing Summer Learning Loss – 5 Tips for Parents”, Felecia D. Sheffield & Shameeka T. Meredith, ezinerarticles.com
Parent Center, Parent Information and Resource Center – “All About the IEP”
Parent Center, Parent Information and Resource Center – “Developing Your Child’s IEP”
US Department of Education, “Guide to the Individualized Education Program”
Greatschools.org “A Parent’s Guide to Section 504 in Public Schools”
Additudemag.com “Is an IEP or 504 Plan Best for Your Child? How to Decide”
Copyright © 2020 Felecia D. Sheffield. Dr, HSP All rights reserved worldwide in all media.
Video about Indoor Activities At Home For Active 4 Year Old Boy
You can see more content about Indoor Activities At Home For Active 4 Year Old Boy on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about Indoor Activities At Home For Active 4 Year Old Boy
If you have any questions about Indoor Activities At Home For Active 4 Year Old Boy, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article Indoor Activities At Home For Active 4 Year Old Boy was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article Indoor Activities At Home For Active 4 Year Old Boy helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles Indoor Activities At Home For Active 4 Year Old Boy
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords Indoor Activities At Home For Active 4 Year Old Boy
Indoor Activities At Home For Active 4 Year Old Boy
way Indoor Activities At Home For Active 4 Year Old Boy
tutorial Indoor Activities At Home For Active 4 Year Old Boy
Indoor Activities At Home For Active 4 Year Old Boy free
#Tips #Strategies #Educational #Resources #Parents #Social #Distancing